09 Jan Take care of those Pearly Whites in 2015!
Posted at 21:20h in dental tips, Uncategorized 0 Comments
Happy New Year from Ivory Dental! As you toss the last few cookie crumbs into the garbage and focus on the promise of a healthy new year, why not resolve to take care of your pearly whites too? Studies show that taking care of your dental health can make you feel empowered and healthy.
- Stop smoking! If you are using tobacco products of any kind, not only are they harming your health, they are also staining your teeth and contributing to potential oral cancer and other diseases.
- Drink more water! A healthy body and healthy mouth go together! When you drink more water, you consume less sugary drinks. Your mouth and your waistline will thank you.
- Snack smart. Choose fruits, veggies and dairy snacks that are not only good for you, but good for your teeth too. Apples, carrots and celery can help remove plaque from teeth and even freshen your breath.
- Brush after every meal! Make it a habit.
- Floss once a day. No excuses.
- Use your FSA (Flexible Spending Account) money. Don’t wait until December to use up money in your flexible spending account. Schedule your check ups or other appointments now to avoid the last minute rush, late in the year.
- See your dentist every 6 months!
- Change toothbrushes every 3-6 months.
- Eat healthy.
- Keep shining! Be a good role model for your kids. If you model good oral hygiene, they will learn healthy habits from you.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.