In our Plainfield dental office, Dr. Shefali Patel will create beautiful, natural looking dentures.
Please remember that removable, partial or full dentures require proper care to keep them free of germs and stains.
To ensure your dentures last and look their best please follow the below instructions:
- If it is possible, remove and rinse your dentures every time after eating to remove food debris.
- After removing your dentures, make sure to clean your mouth as well. Brush your natural teeth and wipe your tongue and palate with gauze.
- Scrub your dentures with denture cleaner and a denture brush to remove plaque and bacteria. Avoid harsh toothpaste and toothbrushes as these can damage your dentures. Do not use whitening pastes with removable dentures as they can permanently damage it.
- During the cleaning process, make sure you do not bend the plastic or the clasps of your denture or partial denture.
- In order to keep their shape most dentures need to stay moist. Make sure you place your dentures in water or a soaking solution overnight. Ask Dr. Patel about how to keep your dentures lasting and fresh looking.
- Rinse your dentures after you soaked and before you put them in your mouth in order to remove chemicals.
- Besides home care, your dentures also have to be examined and professionally cleaned by your dentist regularly. Dr. Patel, dentist Plainfield IL, will examine your gums and denture fit to prevent slippage and denture sores. If your dentures become loose, schedule an appointment immediately to prevent the development of painful sores.